Annotations in mobile view

Hi,

Is there a way to turn off the default appearance of annotations in mobile view? Right now the default response is to change them to numbers and put the full text under the caption.

Sometimes I don’t want this to happen when there is enough room for the full annotation to display.

Or at the very least when I export the image to PNG from mobile view, I want it to display the full annotation. My chart size exports to 850px but the annotation still only displays the number.

Thanks,
Kerry

Hi Kerry

While testing this I noticed a bug where the annotation text is turned into a number when flipping between mobile and desktop previews.
I think this could be related to the issue where the annotation key number is included in the PNG. This issue is added to our backlog

Can you share the chart link, so I can verify if this is the issue you’re experiencing?

Also, I’ve added an enhancement ticket for adding the capability to turn off key numbering on mobile displays

Best regards,
Havard

1 Like

Hi Havard,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I have removed all of our sensitive data and provided you with an example.

Thanks,
Kerry

Thank you Kerry!

Could it be that I’m doing something differently? I got the text when exporting at 850px wide.

See screenshot:

Cheers,
Havard

It’s when you are viewing it in mobile and export as PNG. It should export to 850px with the annotation in full. But for some reason it keeps it as the number.

Thanks Kerry

Just to clarify—are you referring to when the end user (viewer) clicks the options button and selects “Save image (PNG)”?

When I test it, the exported image width matches what I see on the mobile screen. Are you getting an 850px-wide image when exporting this way?

Apologies for the back-and-forth!

Best regards,
Havard

No problem! Sorry if I’m not explaining it very clearly.

Yes, when the end user (viewer) clicks the options button and selects “Save image (PNG)”.

We have all of our charts exporting at 850px width. This is to maintain the visual’s appearance of how we want it to look no matter who saves it (desktop, tablet or mobile users).

The issue is, when a mobile user saves it as a PNG from the “Options” button, our 850px width is maintained, but the annotation is not. The annotation is still appearing as if it were in mobile view.

Hope that made sense.
Kerry

1 Like

Thanks Kerry!

I appreciate the clarification. I think your initial explanation was clear, but the confusing part for me is that the chart you sent isn’t respecting the 850px source width on my end at all, which seems like a bug.

In my case, it always exports at the same resolution as what’s shown on the screen.

From what you’re describing, it sounds like the known issue with the annotation key under the caption displaying as a number is a separate bug, which I reported a few days ago. I’ll keep you posted as our developers look into both of these.

Best regards,
Havard

1 Like