- The download menu control type should be properly identified.
- Screen readers should announce the expanded or collapsed state of the download button to inform users about its current state.
- The proper control type for the download menu is not present.
- Users are not informed about the expanded/collapsed state of the download button.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Navigate to the Tables product.
- Focus on the download menu present above the table.
- Observe the missing control type and the absence of state announcements by screen readers.
- WCAG Guideline: 4.1.2 - Level A
- Component: Markup
- Issue Type: Type 1
- The control type of the element should be specified. Since the element functions as a button, the
role="button"attribute should be provided in the
- The state of the download button should be communicated effectively. Screen readers should announce the state as “Expanded” or “Collapsed” based on its appearance on the page.