Filtering projects by Creator shows account that has most recently edited, not who created the chart

Hi there, we’ve noticed that when we filter by Creator/User to find charts that we have made that it doesn’t display the charts made by that user, but instead the charts most recently edited by that user. This means if I go in on my account to edit a coworker’s chart, I’ll be listed as the Creator when we search by user even if they did the majority of work on it. It would be useful to be able to filter by Creator, and maybe even see a record of who has edited a project if that is possible?

1 Like

Hi, this is known to us for some time, and just from this post there might be more interested in this than we previously understood. There’s a few things misleading about this concept across the app, which I’ll address after your comments.

This means if I go in on my account to edit a coworker’s chart, I’ll be listed as the Creator when we search

This is at its core a simple enough fix, as we’re filtering by the wrong thing.

On filtering, I’d suggest a compromise on the workflow you suggest, which is equivalent in many situations, but does not distinguish on editor / creator. Would it be acceptable to change Filter by creator to Filter by authors which would show all charts that a user has interacted with?

Another misleading aspect is that the share page shows the wrong creator, as seen here:

My colleague @Mark is actually the creator, not me. This is different from the project settings window, where attribution is correct:

Some place here is also where we could add revision history, which is in discussion and on my personal wishlist, but we do not have a timeline for this yet.

Filtering by authors (showing any author who has interacted with the chart before) and / or revision history would be great, thanks! Glad to hear it’s being discussed.

3 Likes

Hi, I am doing some cleanup and believe this was fixed not too long ago. I will mark this as Solved, but of course we can reopen if not.

Hi Martin, with the fix, are we able to now search by creator?